FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Get this cookbook

If you don't have the Moosewood Cookbook, I insist you rush out now to get a copy. When I first heard about it, gosh more than 10 years ago now, I was really skeptical. At the time, I was still very close to my meat and potatoes upbringing. (Of course now my mother, the aforementioned upbringer, doesn't cook that way anymore either!) Moosewood is a vegetarian cookbook but if you're not paying close attention, you'll never notice. The dishes are easy to make, but most important, hearty and satisfying.

I am thinking about Moosewood this morning because I know I have this delicious dish from Moosewood still in the office fridge. I made it the other day and have just enough left to have at least a snack today. Well, of course, as you know, I didn't actually look at the recipe when I made it. :) I have made it so many times I didn't bother to get the cookbook out. But I followed the Moosewood premise!

Here's what I mixed up:
1 can chickpeas, drained
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
A little fresh ginger
Olive oil
Red vinegar

Be careful with the latter two -- you don't want the goodies swimming in the oil and vinegar. I added a little salt to taste, and then because I had some nice ones, I chopped and threw in some black olives. Delicious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home