FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Let the frenzy begin

It's a crazy time here in December. Just a few more days of work this week then I'm off for the rest of the year! But not like I'll be relaxing--my family hits town Dec. 28 and we will be extremely busy with the typical Creekmore activities of eating, watching movies and perhaps some eating. I'm sure wine will also be consumed. I have also heard rumor of four parties in the space of five days. Come Jan. 2, I think we'll all be glad to be back at work.

So, what food will I be making for my family? I am not sure yet. My sister and mom have both been on the South Beach diet this year and have done so well with it, so I am trying to tailor some of our meals to these principles so that everyone will enjoy the food and not feel guilty! One problem: I've never read the book. I am thinking of getting a menu together here in the next few days to run by my sister.

Then of course I will have to make my traditional holiday treats: fudge, caramel, divinty if the weather is good--I have not made this in several years because it's always been raining the day I've made candy!!--and if I get REALLY ambitious, chocolate covered cherries. Actually just thinking about those really makes me want some. The homemade ones are SOOO good. They take forever but they are worth it.

OK more on all this later. I will have to report in on what we actually do cook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home