FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Everyone needs this

I did not know until relatively late in my hopefully still-young life how essential peanut sauce was for your average pasta. Let's just say that growing up in Bolivar, TN, I didn't get many opportunities to eat authentic Thai food. Or even cheap, Disney-imitation Thai food.

So a few years ago, a girl I used to work with sent me a recipe for "peanut butter noodles" and while skeptical, I gave them a try.

Now I'll be the first to tell you that I've since tried many different kinds of peanut sauce and noodles, and this is possibly the least authentic version I've ever had. But it has two great virtues that overrule that inauthenticity, most of the time.
1. It's really darn easy and
2. I can often get the 6yo to eat it too.

I don't make it exactly according to the recipe I received from my erstwhile coworker, because I don't keep scallions on hand at all times [so sue me] and more important, if you've ever eaten with a 6yo, you know that anything with random colored flecks in it arouses substantial suspicion.

Easy peanut butter noodles
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup hot water [fr pasta]
2 t. soy sauce
2 t. rice wine vinegar
1 t. sugar [You may not need this if you're using regular commercial peanut butter, which is AWFULLY sweet.]
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Chopped scallions [I don't use]
Red pepper flakes [I don't use]

Mix all until it is a smooth sauce. Serve with hot noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and/or chopped peanuts.

1 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger HUCK said...

What kind of noodles to you recomend?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home