FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Saturday, July 30, 2005

High-maintenance cook

I'll admit upfront that I'm a modern girl. I like my technology, and that includes the basic stuff like oh say a dishwasher.

When I bought my new house, I could tell in a glance that though it was well-kept and solidly built, every single one of the appliances was teetering on the edge of failure, if only from sheer age. So I had the seller pony up for a homeowner's warranty.

I've been wandering around very smugly for the last two weeks since my dishwasher died, a very natural death in my mind. This sucker is o-l-d. My parents build a house in 1978 and I promise you this model looks older than the original from that house. Heck, all my appliances look older than the ones they put in that house. Most of which they replaced at least once before moving to Florida a few years ago.

It's not the simplest thing in the world to get a new dishwasher thru this warranty, but after paying the deductible, I'm getting $220 off my new one, and it looks like a roof repair may only cost me $100, so I'm not complaining.

But I'm here to say that I'm really, really glad that I have a dishwasher most of the time. It certainly makes it a lot easier to go nuts in the kitchen when you can throw it all in the dishwasher. Or to [as I did this past Monday] have 15 people over for dinner.

While there's a certain zen quality to dishwashing, I just don't have time for it day in and day out, especially because I'm not an economical cook, dishes-wise. I'll be glad when H.H. Gregg gets here.

5 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Ray LeGrand said...

Congrats on the new house and now the new dishwasher! I pray they serve you well for years to come!

Later-
Ray

http:\\soultuary.blogspot.com

 
At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

natural health product directorate, natural health product directorate, natural health product directorate, ... that's all this site is about natural health product directorate

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about memory upgrade. I also have a site about memory upgrade which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous how to cook salmon said...

Crikey! One minute I'm searching the web for things on lobster, and the next I'm reading this post. I'm not sure that's exactlly what I had in mind, Laura, but I've enjoyed my visit. Now I'm off to try another search on lobster.

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, If you are looking for a fantastic feel good vitamin c skin carevitaminvitamin c skin care then you have to check this out.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home