FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Thursday, June 23, 2005

First meal at the new house

Let me say first off that I could have written this days ago if "Unnamed Local Cable Company" could have straightened out my Internet access. Between the guy who moved out of here not canceling his account, several non-specific system problems on the ULCC's end and some employee errors [at least, they all blamed whoever I'd talked to last, every time I called], it's taken a week.

I will say, if you live in Nashville and ever have a problem with ULCC, I hope you get to talk to Patsy. She is a blessed saint and deserves twice what she's being paid, whatever that might be.

Now, back to business.

At the old house, I had really been enjoying my gas grill. It's one that hooks into the gas line. This is something I legitimately inherited from my dad, and it cooks like a dream. However, new house has no gas appliances. To run a gas line just for the grill -- well let's just say it's not in your price range or mine. So I have to wait for the death of a major appliance before I can hook it up.

So for the first time in more than a year, I cooked hamburgers inside over the weekend. I think there are few foods in this world better than a homemade hamburger. Here's how I make mine:
Ground chuck
An egg
Healthy dose of Worchestershire
Teaspoon or so of garlic powder
Salt & pepper

Sometimes I'll get creative and throw something else in, but usually that's about it. And I'm pretty boring on the cheese end too: American will do it for me.

I've had your fancy gourmet burgers, but darn it, a cheeseburger is supposed to taste like a picnic table in the backyard with potato salad and brownies for dessert. It should not taste like wine, fancy china and getting dressed up.

Sniff.

7 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Brennan Price said...

My test for the adequacy of a burger is whether it satisfies after a long day at the office with minimal or no food. Different standard, same result: gourmet burgers needn't apply.

Oh, yeah, hi Laura!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Laura Creekmore said...

BTP!!!!

How the heck are you? I like your standard for burgers. I will email you now. :)

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Tim Morgan said...

OK, So you should know that I used your burger formula tonight, to great results. I was skeptical about the egg, mind you, but I was pleased with the results.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Laura Creekmore said...

Oh I'm so glad, Tim. I got that from my mom. I think the egg functions here like it does in a lot of other dishes...just helps everything stick together and stay moist. I can't eat a dry hamburger.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!

I did a search for outdoor gas grill and found this site. I have put together an ebook I have titled, "Huge Gas Pump Savings."

Dave
http://www.huge-gas-pump-savings.com/

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger www.k-and-ktreasures.com said...

I just came across your blog about as seen on tv vacuum and I think it is really informative for all of your members. You could consider visiting my site about as seen on tv vacuum to guide your guests towards products and services related to as seen on tv vacuum. Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home