FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The cake

The super birthday extravaganza was wonderful, thank you. We got through the weekend with only one and a half carsickness incidents, and they weren't even in my car. (My poor parents...they may never visit again.) On the other hand, perhaps they're safe as long as it's not a birthday, when we tend to feed ice cream for breakfast around here.

On to other culinary events: We missed the much-anticipated Shoney's dinner [birthday girl gets to choose] due to aforementioned incident, but had a cookout at home. There's really nothing better than a homemade, grilled cheeseburger. Not even Shoney's. Trust me on this one.

I had been really stressed earlier over getting the mix of snacks for the birthday party just right. In the end, the new 6yo decided that she'd like not just a cake with Strawberry Shortcake on it, but a cake shaped like Strawberry Shortcake. Oh, and strawberry cake inside. At this point, the cake reverted to me, given my previous history with Wilton cakes. I even already had a Strawberry Shortcake pan that my mother had used when my youngest sister was about this age.

We were both pleased with how it turned out. In fact, 6yo took one look at the finished product and said, "Mom, you have to put this cake on your website."

Really. The first thing she said. It creeped me out too.

1 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I found your site at Award Winning TN Bloggers. I'm out of Nashville. Love the cake!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home