FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A rut or a good habit?

Each year, my daughter's father and stepmother and I split the planning and cooking duties for her birthday party. She's coming up on the big 6-year festivities soon, and this year my job is everything-but-the-cake. Since she's plenty old enough to have her own opinions about this sort of thing, Cheetos top the everything-but list. However, the rest of it is up to me.

I started making the menu tonight and was alarmed to discover that everything I first thought of could be described as my appetizer cheat sheet:
Cheese Krispies [basically, cheese, butter, flour, Rice Krispies. Mmmm.]
Fresh veggies and sour cream dip
Chex Mix
Bean dip and chips

Now, there's certainly nothing WRONG with any of these. They're all good for a party or a late-night junk-food fest. But is it bad that I could make them all in my sleep? I feel like I really need to branch out. More thought to come on this topic, but I can guarantee you that no matter what, the Cheese Krispies will stay on the list.

4 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger BBLogan said...

If you want a sweet but easy recipe... let me know. I've got a good "Lutheran" recipe for Club Cracker Bars. Sounds weird, but they are very yummy and rich and oh sooooo easy to make.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Laura Creekmore said...

Here's what happened in the end: 6yo changed her mind and wanted a Strawberry Shortcake cake. Like, a Wilton cake. So I was pressed into service on that front. And relieved of many snack duties. Cake update to come.

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous kids recipes said...

Well, I've enjoyed my visit to this post, but I'm not sure it's what I was looking for. I was actually searching for articles on kids recipes - these search engines are weird! Just thought I'd say hello while I'm here :0)

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home