FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Monday, April 25, 2005

Homeroom mom

My daughter's elementary school is really great and we've really been enjoying her kindergarten year. It's really true, when your kid is in school, there are many opportunities for you to contribute your cooking skills. Last week there was a breakfast meeting held at our school and they asked parents to help with the food.

For some reason I immediately thought of sausage pinwheels. I haven't made these in years. The meeting was on a Monday, so I had plenty of time Sunday night to make the pinwheels. They're really easy. You just make regular biscuit dough and roll it out into a long rectangle. Then you spread sausage out over the dough [I think it's easiest with your fingers] until it's really thin. Then roll the dough into a long skinny log. Slice into pinwheels. I made mine maybe 3/8" thick. You bake them just like biscuits til the dough is golden brown and the sausage is cooked.

I was glad I had made a double recipe. Frankly, you can't make something like this without testing one. Or eight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home