FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Current food addiction

So I'm always excited on Tuesday. It's my Plumgood Food delivery day. But the best part is that I get a loaf of French crusty bread and then decide what I'd like to do with it.

What I often do is make a little appetizer with these yummy seasonings that my mom got for me a while back. You pour some good olive oil on a plate, add the spices, and yum.

There are four flavors:

  • Rosemary garlic
  • Sicilian blend [I don't know what is in this one and frankly haven't eaten it]
  • Tomato basil
  • Parmesan garlic


The parmesan and rosemary are my favorites. Last week I had a coworker over for dinner and we had this wonderful appetizer since it was in fact, Tuesday. The best part for me was that I felt much less guilty about finishing off the whole loaf of bread with a helper.

The downside?? I can't find these great seasonings on the Internet. I REALLY need a new jar. Can you help? Alexander's Bread Dip Seasonings.

11 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Bill said...

An option is to put clean, fresh herbs and spices in individual bottles, fill with olive oil and put in the cabinet or some other spot away from light to let the flavors blend and mellow.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Allison said...

Another option is to have your mother purchase it for you in Florida, where it's easily located. She even will ship it to you! That's the route I always take, although I'm convinced that any food item can be found in New York if one has the energy to look hard enough.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Laura Creekmore said...

I'm going to have to try Bill's idea because our mom was telling me to drive to Publix myself. I tried explaining that so far, Publix has only seen fit to place its stores about 600 miles from me. I mean, Hendersonville?? Bellevue? COOL SPRINGS? I will drive there for Costco about four times a year, but I have to be REALLY motivated. Like out of all cheese and dog food.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Make me some sausage wheels and I will drive all the way from Gallatin to Hendersonville to get you some of this stuff. (And some for me, too - who has time to put herbs in bottles and fill with olive oil and then wait for the flavors to mellow?).

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Laura Creekmore said...

I already owe you chocolate, but my sister is pointing out that this is a good deal. Plus I could steal my typical eight pinwheels while cooking and you'd never know. I may take you up on this one.

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Bill said...

You're on for it, now, since I delivered on my promise yesterday. Someone hand me a napkin!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Laura Creekmore said...

A big thanks to Bill for coming through with the Alexander's. He somehow seems to have parlayed this into chocolate and sausage pinwheels. No wait. The chocolate is for helping me at work last week. Nonetheless, I owe him big. Payup is coming soon....

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Michael Malone said...

Your comment about the Sicilian Blend having not tried it.. well are you in for a surprise !!! It's the very best of all four blends. The Parmesan Blend comes in for a strong second. For the ultimate in flavor don't use pure olive oil. Use something like Tuscan Sun Italian Dipping Oil since it has a blend of Canola, Olive, Basil, Rosemary and Garlic oils !! Just too good to be true.

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is kinda funny but here at Hy-Vee Food Store in Charles City, Iowa. We have Alexanders Bread Dip Seasonings. Right now they ar 5/$5. It comes in a 4 pack container. Rosa Maria, Parmesan Blend, Tuscany Blend, and Sicilian Blend. A Very Excellent Product. I would be happy to send you some of the product to you. Please call 1-641-228-1726 or email at 1074mgrgm@hy-vee.com Thank you. Jeremy Craft

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a miscellaneous food store site. It pretty much covers miscellaneous food store related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Gordon said...

Hello, just visited your blog, I have a website about overcoming many kinds of addictions and it is very informative.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home