FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Friday, March 25, 2005

Signs of the past

At least once a year I'm seized by the impulse to make a Wilton cake. You know the ones...those of your childhood birthday parties, with the cartoon-character designs created by the combo of a shaped cake pan and about a million multi-colored stars. So for this year's "spring break" party the 5yo and I went in search of a flower-shaped pan. Sure enough, Wilton makes a flower pan. So we made the cake. I will say this was much easier than the cartoon characters I've made in the past, like a Winnie-the-Pooh with a honey pot.

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger nash4 said...

Did you really make this cake, or is it a picture that came with the pan? It's awesome! Enjoying the blog...
-Paige

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Laura Creekmore said...

Oh you flatter me. No, we made it. I think there's still some neon green stain on my kitchen counters to prove it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home