FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Saturday, March 26, 2005

The last post on barbecue

I don't eat BBQ much around here because I've been disappointed one too many times in the past.

But the end of last summer, this little barbecue hut popped up near the railroad tracks on my way home. I drive by it no matter where I'm going at least twice a day every day. You can't miss it; it's bright yellow with flames painted on it. It's called Dee's Q, Fish and Wings.

Well after weeks of discussion on the topic, we walked down there yesterday evening for dinner. We had barbecue sandwiches and fries. We were quickly quite upset with ourselves for having delayed our first visit for so long. The barbecue is the real thing.

Our sandwiches were great; lots of juicy meat with good sauce. They also do chicken and ribs, which I'm looking forward to trying. Judging from the number of folks who came up to order while we sat on the bench out front, the wings must be great too, though they're not my thing. Had I been alone I would have gotten the fried okra side, so I'll definitely try that next time.

The best part came at the end. I said to the guy working that we really enjoyed it and were sorry we had taken so long to try it etc. I attempted to explain my West Tennessee bias. [I DO realize this sounds ridiculous if you're not from there.] He just looked at me and said, "Well, Dee's from West Tennessee."

There you have it.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger TWM said...

Ever try Neely's? I haven't tried it here in Nashville, but I have always loved the one in Memphis.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Laura Creekmore said...

Hmmm. No I don't think I have. I will look out for that though, as I [obviously] have a bit of an obsession with this topic.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home