FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Friday, March 18, 2005

Enough with the cheese already

After traveling the beginning of the week, I tried to cram everything I could into three days the end of this week. It only took two before I was wiped out. I came home from a long day on Thursday and found that Rotel I made last week in the fridge. I am sure some people are adding up the dates and starting to get grossed out. Believe me, I'm the food safety queen. I throw things out even if they've just been hanging out in a suspicious corner of the fridge for an extra couple days.

But any Southerner will tell you the well known truism: only two things are known to survive a nuclear blast. One of them's cockroaches. The other's Velveeta.

So I figure that Rotel is A-OK after just a week in the refrigerator. I'm also certain that it is not good FOR me. Someone at work observed this afternoon that when you do something like eat Rotel for dinner, you scarf down a whole bowl in 5 minutes.

I'll spare you the disgusting details, but I threw out the rest of the Rotel today. It will be a long time before I have THAT particular craving again.

3 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Cole said...

Ohhhhhh! Now I get it. Rotel = queso! I was wondering what the heck you were talking about when you mentioned the "Rotel" you made. You Tennesseans are weird. ;-)

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Laura Creekmore said...

Hmm. In Tennessee usually queso is just cheese dip as purchased in a Mexican restaurant. Though it's also normally consumed in binge fashion, according to my inexpert observations.

Rotel is cheese dip made at home with Rotel and Velveeta.

Amazing the things we learn.

 
At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Allison said...

Thanks for sparing us the details of what the Rotel looked like when you finally threw it out. It was bad enough picturing what it looked like the day you ate it.

I thought Spam (the processed meat kind, not the cyber kind) also would survive a nuclear blast.... But we're not sure I still count as a Southerner anyway. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home