FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Bananas and ice cream

Bananas are one of those foods that I like, really, but I can rarely bring myself to eat. I try to eat plain ones from time to time, and as long as I'm doing something else, I can. But there's just that umm, banana flavor that gets to me after a while.

Today I remembered how I do enjoy bananas: sauteed with butter, brown sugar and a little cinnamon. I usually don't bother with the alcohol and go all the way for Bananas Foster, but if you're ever in New Orleans, just get the real thing there -- it's worth it.

Here's how I made my bananas today:

About 1 1/2 T. butter, melted over medium heat in a cast-iron skillet
Between 1/3 and 1/4 c. brown sugar added as butter begins to melt
1/4 t. cinnamon

As brown sugar begins to bubble, lower heat and slice in one banana. Stir together for just a couple of minutes until bananas are warmed and sugar is completely dissolved.

Pour over vanilla ice cream and eat asap!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home