FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Fixin' Supper

Talkin' 'bout what to fix for supper. Tonight, tomorrow night....

Sunday, February 13, 2005

On the menu, 2.13.2005

It's Sunday and so I had more time for planning ahead than I normally do. When I made biscuits this morning, that immediately turned my mind to hash. You can't have hash without having had roast beef first of course. So I got the roast out of the freezer that I've had in there a while.

I have this fantastic recipe for french dip sandwiches from the family of one of my sister's exboyfriends. The only bad part about it is that it has to cook all day in the Crockpot. As I was explaining the other day to my optometrist's office [my new glasses took THREE WEEKS to come in], I am an impatient person. When it comes to dinner, I'm a 20-minute kind of girl.

That's not universally true for cooking -- I will occasionally spend a whole day cooking and if I had the time, I'd do it a lot more. But the point is, I don't have the time. Who does?

But the Crockpot does have its own set of luxuries: Set it up in the morning, and viola, dinner is complete with no further effort in the evening.

Recipe to follow....

1 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger blaze said...

I really enjoyed you cooking fine website. I also have a site about cooking fine Please take a look. I hope you will find it interesting

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home